Saturday, November 26, 2011

Big Fluffy Wreath!


Now before I show you this, just know that this will take a lot of time and be very tedious but in the end it is well worth it. It looks so fluffy and so pretty!



All you need:
Hot glue gun
LOTS of hot glue sticks
Coffee filters (white)
Some sort of wreath form: styrofoam or metal (if you use metal grab some twine or garland so it is easier to glue on the coffee filters) I had an old wreath so I took it apart and used the garland idea. It worked great!


I went to Costco and I bought a 700 count of white coffee filters, I wasn't sure how much I was going to need, turns out I used a little over half. So maybe Publix would be a better bet, just buy a 350 count or so. Unless you have the time to make two ;)


Fold each coffee filter once and then again, glue, place on wreath form, and repeat! (Lots)



Forewarning: You WILL burn yourself at least a couple dozen times. Lord knows I did!



After you have the fullness of the wreath you desire, you may want to take some scissors and even it out a bit to better shape it.


All in all, this has been my favorite project yet. Come Spring time I might have to make another one with some brown filters and add some Spring flowers! It can also be a year-round wreath, I added a red ribbon for the Holiday season but that can easily be removed to add a shamrock for St. Patrick's Day or a couple Easter eggs for Easter. Let your imagination run wild with this one!


3 comments:

  1. SO cute!! I can't wait to see what else you have in store! Loving it all so far. I don't think I'll get around to making that wreath this year... maybe by next christmas! :P
    *Krystina
    cupahotchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! I am totally new at this blog thing but I am loving how I am able to share with friends and newly found blog friends like you! Thank you! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome wreath, I could def. do this. I'm a new follower. Feel free to follow back at http://www.rockpaperscissorscreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete